Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning A Windows Xp Disc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 willis poe

willis poe

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

hi i was just wondering if its possible to burn a windows xp boot disc, startup or setup disc and if so what are the nesscary steps to take

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:18 PM

For the most part, all you need is software that can rip a disc.

That's pretty much it, besides having a burner and some blank discs.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

hi i was just wondering if its possible to burn a windows xp boot disc.

Take a look here: http://www.bootdisk.com/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 03humphrec

03humphrec

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

hi i was just wondering if its possible to burn a windows xp boot disc, startup or setup disc and if so what are the nesscary steps to take

Try Magic Iso

This is the website http://www.magiciso.com/

Server 1- 2.8GHz Intel Celeron, 1GB Ram, 160GB HDD, DVD-RW, Windows Home Server
Server 2 - 1.9GHz Intel P4, 385 MB Ram, 40GB HDD, DVD-ROM, Windows Server 2003 Standard
Desktop - 2.0GHz AMD Athlon, 512MB Ram, 40GB HDD, DVD-RW, XP Pro
Advent 9117 - Intel Dual Core T2310 1.46GHz, 160GB HDD, DVD-RW, XP Pro, 17" Widescreen (http://www.w00tw00t.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4197)
Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 - 1.8GHz Intel Celeron, 2GB Ram, 80GB HDD, Wireless, DVD-RW, XP Pro, 15.4" Widescreen

#5 bindlestiff7

bindlestiff7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

Yes, but bear in mind that if you want the disk to be bootable then you will need to use something like ISOBuster to copy the Microsoft CFG file from the original disk.

Isobuster is at ISOBUSTER

Not a hundred percent sure about the insertion of hyperlinks so if that doesn't work just go to isobuster.com

You might want to download an instruction, such as the one I've used and found to work:

XP

This instruction is actually designed to lead you through Slipstreaming XP SP2 into your original Windows CD, but it explains (near the end) about using ISOBUSTER.

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:05 PM

If you have a program that can rip that cd, you can rip it to your hard drive, then you can use any burning software and burn it to disc, and you'll have an exact copy of the original.

I know what you mean about the imaging, but you don't have to do it that way. If you got any rewritable discs, try it. It works for me. All I do is rip it to my drive, then burn it to disc.

So far I've never had an auto-running disc that didn't work for me, once I knew how to burn a few years ago.

Another way to look at the ISO format!

When you rip a disc, it rips it into an iso format (if you set it to)... actually a compressed format, like a zip file... then when you want to burn it, all it does is take out all of the files from the iso format, and then burn them to disc in the directories and such. So basically, there is no need to make an iso of a disc just to make a copy.

Actually, I very seldom use iso, not unless I already have files in that format. But I never compiled more than about 2 - 5 files iso's so far. It's just a compression format for all files that make up the disc, and it has a standard in which computers can read and decypher/extract.

I've also taken iso images, loaded them with DAEMON Tools, copied all the files from the virtual drive to my hard drive, burned them, and everything works perfectly everytime.

I'm just informing you of this just incase you want a quick way to rip/burn all at the same time. But, if iso floats your boat, go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users