Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Get Something From The Autoruns List Into The Search Window In The Startup Database?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bullkelper

bullkelper

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

How does one get an entry from the Autoruns list into the search window in the Startup database?

I've read the topic How To Use The Startup Database but the step I seem to have missed is between here Now that you have an understanding of how the Startup Database is laid out, and here lets move on to how to query the startup programs on your computer to the database.

I assume by query you mean to type or paste something into the search window. I have tried this every which way I can, copying/pasting/manually typing and every time I get the reply Search Term Not Found.

How exactly do you get something from the list in Autoruns into the database search window?

The help file that comes with Autoruns appears to be blank so its a bit of a mystery.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bullkelper

bullkelper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:26 PM

Apparently there's not a single file on my computer that is in the Startup Programs Database. It always comes back with Search Term Not Found. I've tried dozens of them.

I did get Autoruns help to work but there's still no joy in Mudville.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:16 AM

Can you provide an example? And what browser are you using?
That way we can duplicate the process and possibly determine what is happening; the startup database is so large that something should come back.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 09 February 2007 - 12:17 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 bullkelper

bullkelper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

Well...now that its working for me I don't know what to say. I deleted Autoruns for the third time and tried tried again and now its working.

I like a good mystery but this is nuts.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

Well, if you have problems again, be sure to let us know.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users