Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Drives Not Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 proto

proto

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:38 PM

This is weird, and impossible for me to figure out, probably something simple, but I just dont know about. I have hooked up my DVD Rom, + DVD RW, But they arent showing up in my computer folder. I go to system devices and they show up there but with the error, weird thing is they worked fine about a week ago. i've tried installing uninstalling, all that basic crap. Any help would be great if you've had this problem before.

thanks

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 06 February 2007 - 02:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

Remove one of the drives, then reboot. See if that helps.

#3 proto

proto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:06 PM

i've already tried that also. I also created an image drive with nero just to see what it would do, and im getting the same problems as I did with the real ones. Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by proto, 06 February 2007 - 03:07 PM.

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

Remove all your drives from the Device Manager, then uninstall your virtual drive. Power down, then remove the drives cable. Then reboot.

After you reboot, verify that they don't show up in the Device Manager, and if they don't, power down again, and plug up just one drive, then reboot. Do not use any driver software... just let Windows find it and install the default drivers.

The problem may be software related. If one drive works ok, then try another drive. But make sure it can play and (or) burn before you move on to the other drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users