Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Wont Flash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stewy

stewy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:12 AM

Each time I run Reg Seeker, I lose Flash where needed in web pages etc.
Then I have to format using "flash un-installer" before re-installing Adobe (Macromedia) Flash. Apart from not running Reg Seeker, above can be avoided by editing after its scan, ensuring all "flash" entries NOT included in unwanted items deleted.
I wish to keep using Reg Seeker as it is efficient compared to others.
Is there any other solution?
(appeared to commence at the time Adobe took over Macromedia?)
Thanks,
stewy.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum, closed open BBcode tag and removed excessive font size tag. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 06 February 2007 - 01:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:12 AM

Meddling around with registry is liable to get you into trouble. Unfortunally not all registry entries are not easily identifiable as belonging to a program. Are you doing a back-up prior to run regseeker and deleting reg. entries?

#3 stewy

stewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:45 AM

Thanks fozzie,
1. I`m very much aware about the dangers of "meddling" with my registry and do not manually mess around. However,Reg Seeker is a program recommended by I.T. experts( writing for magazines,newspapers in Australia) and is widely used (without problems) by many of my associates.I have used it for four years.
2.It has a check box ( which is always ticked) providing for application of a back-up, as part of its operation.
3.This is the first & only occasion where I have been forced to exclude items from the numbered list of "unwanted" entries revealed by a scan of the registry.( one has to agree with the deletions, by highlighting,and clicking delete button.)
4.Each entry is described, so " I am able to identify " the ones that involve "Flash".
5.Why one (or more?) of the (13) entries ( flash )that are listed for deletion, after a scan, when that deletion causes LOSS of "Flash", is not understood. A CLOSE FRIEND IS EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM!)
I realise there may not be a solution but decided to ask.
I`m grateful for your interest,
stewy.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:50 AM

Please read this article about the myths surrounding registry cleaners: http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=61015
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:08 AM

Which browser are you using?

#6 stewy

stewy
  • Topic Starter