Jump to content
Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:05 PM
Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:29 AM
The easiest and safest way to do this is:
* Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
* Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
* Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
* Click "OK".
* Click the "More Options" Tab.
* Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:58 AM
There’s a drive letter missing from the System Properties - Restore Tab, what should I do?
This is often caused by, but not limited to the install of a new physical drive to the system. There are two known solutions to this problem.
The first solutions was discovered by MVP Ramesh Srinivasan. This is the recommended, and least destructive method. Drive letter missing in System Restore settings page?
The second is to Reinstall System Restore.
Warning, all restore points will be lost in this process.
Edited by TheTerrorist_75, 06 February 2007 - 12:02 PM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users