Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi New Here From Pa Usa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LadyMadonna

LadyMadonna

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

Hi ,
I am just getting back online with my own new computer, after almost 4 yrs, since my oldest daughter 'crashed & killed my computer' while borrowing it.. I miss that one, *sniff, sniff* . It was a custom made Systemax with Windows ME and I had all factory preloaded custom programming that made using it so easy, until of course my kids would get on it... Thank God for System Restore but after soooo many uses it had to be rebuilt at the factory and sent to my daughter's house for safe keeping when I was moving....

Unfortunately she 'borrowed it' and killed it.. so anyway I went to libraries for the last few years and that was okay, but now to have another computer at home , of my own, to me is great... This time I want to take every precaution I can to make it safe and to last so I am researching websites like this one to learn what I can to keep my system going...

I have a HP pavillion vx74 with Windows XP, IE& and Firefox....Not sure which one I will ultimately keep as my browser til I learn more...

I am an artist by trade and learning to use the computer for art related purposes is my main goal, along with being able to surf safely...
Nice to meet you all!
Have a good day!
LadyMadonna

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

Hello LadyMadonna,

Welcome to BleepingComputer. Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.

If you have any questions or concerns, post them in the appropriate sections and someone will reply to you ASAP.

#3 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:44 PM

Hi LadyMadonna,
Posted Image to Bleeping Computer!

Be sure to keep this new computer under lock & key. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

Hi, LadyMadonna.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I suggest you read this tutorial.
It will answer a lot of your questions.
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users