Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Reboots On Starting Nfs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 919263

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:34 PM

:flowers:
I just got a ViewSonic VX922 Flat Pannel monitor.
The issue is that now I cannot play NFSU anymore.
The game starts, but before I can do anything more, the PC reboots...
I have a P4 2.8 GHZ, 1 G RAM
The vid card is ATI Rad. 9800 Pro.
This is what I have done to try to resolve the issue:
I have updated the ATI drivers
Updated the monitor driver
Updated the Bios for the MB
Played with the resolution settings.
Everytime I try to start the game the PC reboots.

Any Thoughts as to what might be the issue.

PS: I had a 21" CRT before this and on that everything worked OK before....
:thumbsup:

Edited by 919263, 05 February 2007 - 02:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Venek

Venek

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

Could always try reinstalling the game. Just be sure to save your game profile or savegames.

Does NFSU have a configuration program to set up the video, audio, etc. You may have to reconfigure the video for the game before starting it up. ESPECIALLY now that you have an LCD (assuming it's LCD) because LCDs usually have limited resolution or native resolution. There's also the refresh rate to check out. LCDs are usually locked in on only one refresh rate (mine's at 60 hertz). I think it's something like "synchronize refresh rate" or "default monitor refresh rate." I wrestled with refresh rate issues when I played Half-Life before I figured it out.

Hope that helps.
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

#3 919263

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

Could always try reinstalling the game. Just be sure to save your game profile or savegames.

Does NFSU have a configuration program to set up the video, audio, etc. You may have to reconfigure the video for the game before starting it up. ESPECIALLY now that you have an LCD (assuming it's LCD) because LCDs usually have limited resolution or native resolution. There's also the refresh rate to check out. LCDs are usually locked in on only one refresh rate (mine's at 60 hertz). I think it's something like "synchronize refresh rate" or "default monitor refresh rate." I wrestled with refresh rate issues when I played Half-Life before I figured it out.

Hope that helps.

TRhanks for the tips, i will try this and report back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users