Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Turns On And Off When Viewing Websites! Heeelp!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tyd

Tyd

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

Just today when I was visiting a website, the picture went all fizzy or static-y (best way I can describe it) and my monitor shut off for a couple seconds. The monitor then turns back on, but sometimes the computer is frozen, and the monitor will turn off and on again. This doesn't occur with sites like this one, or Google, but IGN.com and some other places did have this affect when loading. This has never happened before today, and I didn't do anything different today than I have in the past, so I don't know of anything that could've triggered this. I was wondering if anyone knows of or has had this problem? Please help, thanks! :thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by jgweed, 06 February 2007 - 12:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:04 PM

There are sites that I have gone to myself, and it blurs, as the site loads. I'm not sure what that problem is, but what you should do is make sure your Refresh rate is set appropriately for your monitor.

Other than that.. I'm waiting to hear some solutions to this problem. I'll be glad to screen shot them too.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

Tyd, would you give us some specifics on the system you are using please?
OS, ram, monitor, etc?

The only time I ever experienced such was with a monitor that failed.
For me, it was never site specific, just very random.
But in your situation it might be different.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 Tyd

Tyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

Sorry I didn't think to post my system specs in the first post.

Windows XP pro, AMD Athlon XP 2700+, 1.50 ram, the monitor is a Hyundai L90D+, and my video card is a GeForce 6600 GT. Hope that helps!

#5 Tyd

Tyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

Just a little update on how this problem has changed... It seems like websites that have a lot of animations and moving bits are the ones that fritz out and the monitor only turns on and off when I go to these. When I run games, they start up normal, but when it goes to the menu it's all staticy and the computer will usually freeze and or restart. I've tried reinstalling my video card and updating my drivers, but it doesn't appear to help much. If anyone has a solution for this, I'll thank them in advance. Thanks! :thumbsup:

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:31 PM

How about trying a different monitor/ using this monitor with another computer. That way you can tell if its the monitor or something else.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:40 PM

This isn't it, just a comment on topic. The only time I've ever had a monitor fail on me was from faulty power cables to the monitor. I had to tape them to the back, because if they slacked, the power would cut.

Posted Image

#8 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

How about trying a different monitor/ using this monitor with another computer. That way you can tell if its the monitor or something else.

I've had monitors die with no reasone... Whoosh... Change 'em out? Borrow one?
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#9 Tyd

Tyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

I've had my 360 hooked up to the monitor, and it works fine, no static or anything. I think the issue might've been my video card, though. Last night I took it out and put one of my older cards in, and the computer is running fine so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users