Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

easy-biz attack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scottcaulfield

scottcaulfield

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:12 PM

My system's been taken over by this "easy-biz" malware. It won't allow me to browse the web -- can't even access this site -- had to do it from another computer. I've run ad-aware, mcafee and alertspy to no avail. Alertspy seemed to find and remove a lot of bad stuff, but the problem remains.

Files in the temporary internet folder keep coming back after being deleted.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:46 PM

Scott,
I'm really sorry you are having this trouble but we can get you cleaned up, hopefully before you toss it out of a moving vehicle traveling at excessive speeds. :flowers: :thumbsup:
The best advice anyone can give you is to download HijackThis onto disk from another computer and install it on the problem computer.
Please go to This Page to get it and to read instructions on how to use it. You can then copy the results on disk and post it back here. It is very important to have this information in order to find the exact problem. For future reference, please be sure you have the following programs on all computers you own or use.
Spybot S&D
Spyware Blaster
Spysweeper

If you'd rather not have too many programs on your system(s), I very strongly
suggest that you keep Adaware and get HijackThis and Spybot. Those are 3 you shouldn't do without so I'm glad to hear you have Adaware already. The other 2 I provided links for because they are also fantastic in fighting the baddies out there ready to harm our systems.
Good luck to you and please don't hesitate to ask questions.

~67~

Edited by TexasAngel67, 03 January 2005 - 09:46 PM.

#3 P3-450

P3-450

Malware Destroyer

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:55 PM

IMO, Spyware Blaster is a must for every user, as well as Ad-Aware and Spybot. It will protect you from nasties downloading to your system. :thumbsup:
Posted Image
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Sir Winston Churchill

#4 scottcaulfield

scottcaulfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:50 AM

Scott,
I'm really sorry you are having this trouble but we can get you cleaned up, hopefully before you toss it out of a moving vehicle traveling at excessive speeds. :flowers: :thumbsup:
The best advice anyone can give you is to download HijackThis onto disk from another computer and install it on the problem computer.
Please go to This Page to get it and to read instructions on how to use it. You can then copy the results on disk and post it back here. It is very important to have this information in order to find the exact problem. For future reference, please be sure you have the following programs on all computers you own or use.
Spybot S&D
Spyware Blaster
Spysweeper

If you'd rather not have too many programs on your system(s), I very strongly
suggest that you keep Adaware and get HijackThis and Spybot. Those are 3 you shouldn't do without so I'm glad to hear you have Adaware already. The other 2 I provided links for because they are also fantastic in fighting the baddies out there ready to harm our systems.
Good luck to you and please don't hesitate to ask questions.

~67~

Thanks SO much -- i'll try it and let you know how it works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users