Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clearoutclub.com? Good or bad?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 z_silversurfer_z

z_silversurfer_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:59 PM

I stumbled apon this site called clearoutclub.com and they promise a free Ipod if you register with them for 20.00$. I was just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with this site before and if you can truly get the deals they say they offer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

I did some research.

First, the site is not listed in ReselllerRatings. For this reason alone I would not bother with it.

Second, a Google search found some comments on different boards, which I sum up as follows:

1. The site requires you to provide checking account/routing information (no credit cards accepted) but the request is not secure (NO encryption).
2. The site probably provides links to other on-line retailers, and not the merchandise itself, it acts as a buying guide.
3. The "free IPod" offer that expires soon has been there for some time.
4. No one can find an address for the business.

All this leads me to believe that the site is far from legitimate, and should be avoided.
You were right to hesitate about joining this club; it is always a very good thing to do some basic reseach before dealing with any on-line company.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users