Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Start Windows Successfully!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:11 AM

I am having a problem that the windows comes up with a black background with white text and says:we apologize for the inconvinience. but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

I have the option to start windows normally, however even though my computer works, but now im getting this window every time i boot my computer!!!

can anyone help?

thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:33 AM

Look in the Event Viewer for the error mesage. Please post the entire message.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:45 AM

sorry, can you be more specific? I know how to go to event viewer but which information do you need from? thx for the quick reply

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:55 AM

In the Event Viewer there will be error messagaes. Open the Application tab and click on the red X. It will give you the description of the error. Please post the last error.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:03 AM

the last error i got from application tab was about a week ago, the lastest error is at the system tab:

The Universal Plug and Play Device Host service depends on the SSDP Discovery Service service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Also another one from today:

DCOM got error "The dependency service or group failed to start. " attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have checked on a website, but its not indicated very well:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread10950.html

it has the exact same error as I have.

#6 madrox

madrox

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:41 PM

might be worthwhile to reboot in safemode to better troubleshoot. If it boots up fine its most likely something that was installed (program of some sort) or something added recently. When in safe mode your only using the core OS\system drivers\programs. If it doesn't boot properly to safe mode... bad mojo.

#7 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

ok ill try boot in safe mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users