Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zrbzrbbbb

zrbzrbbbb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:54 AM

hi all,

i saw other threads that said pc keeps restarting but none of them were same as mine. my pc keeps restarting on startup, i power on, the white emachine logos appears, i hear 3 beeps, then says start windows nomally, safe mode, when i click any one of those, a few seconds later my PC restarts. ive heard 3 beeps mean video, tried everything, changed the setting in bios to use AGP, after that the 3 beeps stopped but there is more beeps, not sure how many, sounds like 4 atleast. checked all the cables, resitted vid and internet card, ram, nothing works. im on my new pc, only reason i want to go back to old is this pc only has 128mb of ram right now so cant play games like i could on my old one. this pc takes DDR and other pc takes sync, knew someone was probably going to say just put more ram in this one so thought i would say that. any ideas on how to stop the restarting? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:57 AM

Is there anything in particular that you are doing when this happens?

Does it restart in safe mode also?

Does it restart if you are disconnected from the internet?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 zrbzrbbbb

zrbzrbbbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:59 AM

it restarts in safe mode too, i dont even get pass the window xp loading screen. the internet isnt hooked up to the computer when i start. actually i dont even see the windows xp loading screen.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:15 AM

What model is your emachine?

Is the fan on your CPU heat sink running at start up?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:21 AM

Have you tried booting up with the XP cd in the drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users