Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player - Trouble Playing Video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rollanda

rollanda

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:58 PM

No matter where I go....our local t.v. channel online, abc, cbs, nbc, etc. I can't play a video with either Windows Media Player 11, or RealPlayer 10. When I click on a video it says "buffering". It gets to like 30% then plays two seconds of the video, then stops (freezes) and buffers again, then stops, then buffers and so on. Or it will freeze on one frame, so I will have a still picture of part of the video and the sound will keep going and play the whole audio portion, but not the picture. :thumbsup: Is there anything I can do, or is there something I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have Windows XP Media Edition on a computer with Intel Pentium D Processor 2.8GHz w/Dual Core, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 667 MHz, 128MB ATI Hyper Memory (if any of this helps). When I first got this computer I could click on, and play, any video. Now I can't. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:36 AM

Slow internet? Nothing to do with your computer hardware or software.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:12 AM

You might want to do a clean up of your computer as following :

* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:

* Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
* Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
* Under Browsing History, click "Delete".
* Click "Delete Files", "Delete cookies" and "Delete history"
* Click Close below.

* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):

* Go to Tools > Options.
* Click Privacy in the menu..
* Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.
* Select all and click the Clear button again.
* Click OK to close the Options window

* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin

* Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
* Let it scan your system for files to remove.
* Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
* Press OK to remove them.

Step 2

Go to START than RUN type cmd. A block box will come. Type the following : ipconfig /flushdns

If this does not work we should look at other issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users