Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 On Vista Home Premium

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bryan

bryan

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

I installed Vista Home premium over the weekend without a sigle problem.

Whuile i was out decided that i would also purchase myself a copy of Office 2007.

Tried to install it and it wont install. Checked it on another machine (XP Pro) and it worked fine so i know that it is not the cd.

Checked the drivers on my computer for the DVD drive and everything comes back ok.

Any avice would be great

Thanks
Bryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

What kind of errors did you get? That will help a lot. I had problems installing some software. For some reason Vista wouldn't let some files expand to a folder. I kept thinking it was a permissions issue. The UAC (user account control) was causing me problems and since I'm the only user I turned it off. Haven't had a problem installing anything. MS doesn't recommend turning UAC off but it was just too much hassle for me.

JG

#3 bryan

bryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:32 PM

No error. UAC pops up i hit continue dvd drive spins light comes on. Sit and wait, nothing

Even tried turning UAC off and makes no difference

Edited by bryan, 04 February 2007 - 10:32 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:32 AM

Have you checked the Event Viewer for any errors? Was this an upgrade to XP or a clean install?

UAC is your best friend. It'll continue to nag you until you tell it to shut up. BUT, if you tell it to shut up (turn it off), then the onus is on you to not let anything elevate without your permission. And without the prompts, this is very difficult to do.

That being said, I've had UAC turned off since I installed the RTM build and haven't had any issues. BUT, we turned it off at work on January 30th - and we've already had a major infection because of it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users