Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Azureus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 woodharpy

woodharpy

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

I use Azureus and my torrents stay on yellow all the time and it says that i may have a NAT problem however i havn't found a way to fix this. any suggestions?

CAUTION: Cape Does Not Enable User To Fly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:47 AM

I am not familar with Azureus, but I have found a wiki that refers to the problem you described.

NAT problem with Azureus
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 woodharpy

woodharpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:43 PM

i was actually trying to port forward and so i had my ip address set to static and i think that was the problem thanks for the help.

CAUTION: Cape Does Not Enable User To Fly

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:30 AM

A static IP should not stop you. If nothing else it should make your connection more stable. Did you setup the DNS or did you leave it Dynamic? If you enter your router or modem's setup page you can obtain your ISP's DNS server address so you can configure it manually. That is how I run my computers.
There are also public DNS serve or you can simply contact your ISP. Tell the you are setting up your LAN static and you want to manually enter the DNS addresses to each computer.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:24 AM

i used to use azeurus but found it batters yer pc's resources.i find utorrent to be much lighter and my torrents download a lot quicker!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users