Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inmountable_boot_volume

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swt458

swt458

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

Hi,

Let me just say, I have no idea what has happened...

every time i turn on my computer it gets to the Windows XP and the blue bar loading then it stops and a blue screen comes on with

INMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

as an error and that windows has been shut down to prevent any damage etc... it says about going in to safe mode to check if i have installed any new hardware or software recently... only it wont let me in to safemode... it just does the same... .

help me please

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 swt458

swt458
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

sorry, let me make it a little more clear... i realise its bu*****d now,

so i decided i will use the windows xp disk to re-install... OK, great... but i cant get the freakin thing to make the boot sequence start with CD??? or even CD 2nd!!

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

Could be that your hard drive has died. That's a common reason for the Unmountable Boot Volume error message.

But before you start on that, let us know what make and model that you computer is. We'll be able to suggest some ways for you to boot to a CD.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 swt458

swt458
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:38 PM

its a Dell 5150, pretty standard, i.e. no fancy upgrades.. as it is when unpackaged really

thanks

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:55 AM

I'm not real familiar with Dells - but pressing one of these keys should get you to the boot menu:
Esc
F1
F2
F10
F12

Also, you can use one of the above (or the Del) key to access the BIOS - and make the CD the first boot device (with the hard drive being second). Then save the settings and reboot.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users