Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Start A Blank Screen?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 charlie8753

charlie8753

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:24 PM

:thumbsup: OK this is whats happening and where I`m up to:I have formatted a new seagate 160gb hard drive and put windows XP service pack 1 on it.After putting it in my computer (a pentium 3) and starting it I only get a blank screen.I`ve had the bios open once but now I find I can`t get into it again.When I had it open the screen briefly showed something with Soltek red storm on it and I think the bios read d6-00gp-05 13 03.The only thing I can find on the motherboard is a number which is 0010000c063186 SL65-DVB.I have tried holding down various keys while starting the computer but I can`t find what I did before.Is there anyone who can help me.I brought the computer from a christian group who sells them cheaply (mine is a $300 one) so I don`t know anything much about it as yet.
thanks,from Charlie8753.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 03 February 2007 - 08:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

Does the screen turn on? Does the power indicator on the monitor turn green and stay green? If no, try jiggling or tightening the connections between the monitor and the computer.

#3 charlie8753

charlie8753
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

Amazing Andrew.yes the monitor has power,The num lock,caps lock and scroll lock lights all flash on for about a half a second.All the lights on the computer come on except for the floppy light.The led light(is that the red one?)comes on for about 10 seconds then goes out.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:13 AM

Most likely it's a bad connection. Maybe something got moved/jostled when putting the new hard drive in? Check all connections and devices to make sure that they're fully seated.

Here's a link to what I believe is the manual for your motherboard: http://81.169.156.245/soltek.de/soltek/dow...et370/65dvb.pdf

In it it says to press "Del" to access the BIOS setup screens.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:20 AM

Boot the computer off the XP CD and then run a repair install. The problem is that when you installed XP it was set up for the hardware that was on the computer you used when installing. Now that you have moved the drive to a new computer it doesn't recognise the new hardware. See this link for more information.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 charlie8753

charlie8753
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:05 PM

To Budapest and USASMA,thank you from the bottom of my new hard drive,both sites are exalent.Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users