Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adsl Routing, Wireless, Modem Issues...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MatreX

MatreX

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

I have a Zoom DSL x3 Modem that my ISP provided me with. I also have a Belkin 802.11g wireless router.
Im having a problem, it will not let me get online with anything through wireless and it wont let me access internet with any computer/xbox connected to the belkin router with ethernet cable.
When i try to go online with my PSP it connect OK but then when i go to google or any other website i get "Communication with the server failed. A DNS error has occurred. (80410410)" and my xbox just wont connect.

I know this problem is caused by the Zoom modem because i have had another Modem before this one and everything worked fine, i just cant figure out what setting/option is causing it.

Is anyone familier with Zoom modems and could help me configure it to work with my Belkin wireless?
Current Sig:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MatreX

MatreX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:10 PM

Um, i fixed the problem. Called up my ISP and asked for the primary and secondary DNS servers and set those in my router instead of my router doing ti automatic.
Current Sig:
Posted Image

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic