Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Searcherslinkz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrispy1

chrispy1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

Can anyone help?

Over the last few days when ever itry to goto certain web pages I keep getting diverted to a site called searcherslinkz.

I can't get rid of it anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

Could not find anything on this browser hijacker. Suggest you install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode and let it delete whatever it finds. If you have an antivirus installed, run it in safe mode as well.
You could look, also in IE addons and see if it is there and also check your Add/Remove program list for anything suspicious. Google to verify before removing anything from Add/Remove or post back here.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Please let us know if you were able to remove it or not. I am sure others will be looking to remove it.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 chrispy1

chrispy1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:23 PM

:flowers:
I downloaded and ran Superantispyware and it found a number of things that Spybot and Adaware had missed, and cleared it up.
Seems to be OK now
Thanks
:thumbsup:

Edited by chrispy1, 07 February 2007 - 01:24 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for replying. Glad you were able to remove your problem.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users