Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saservice.exe Popups

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Boss_351

Boss_351

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:39 PM

When I went to shut down my PC last night I had a popup dialog box on the screen stating that SAService.exe had detected an error and it was creating an error log. The disturbing thing was that this popup kept creating window after window on the bottom of my monitor. After eliminating all of the open windows I was fianlly able to shut down the PC. Upon booting up this morning the same situation is happening all over again. What has happened to my PC? Running Win2K with McAfee virus package on a 1.8 Ghz Dell with .5Gb of RAM. :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,506 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

SiteAdvisor from McAfee and Still Secure both use this file name. Still Secure is Network access control.

C:\Program Files\StillSecure\Safe Access Agent\SAService.exe

Can you tell if Mcafee is giving the warning or do you recognize Still Secure?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users