Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Castlenet 56k Pci Modem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 the geekfreak

the geekfreak

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:42 AM

i have just noticed in the bottom right hand side of my pc this castlenet modem thingy..dont know why its there i havent altered any settings..
how do i get rid of it for good and what and why is it there in the first place i dont use the 56k modem thing i have an ethernet connection and use a cable modem,
anyway all help appreciated thanks the geek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:00 AM

Right-click on the icon, and it should allow you to close it out. But before you do it, see if there are any other options in the drop-down list and see if you can change them to no load up.

As to why it happened?.. Not sure about that. Maybe your modem is set to "come alive" after a specified time or a period of time has gone by.

You can always go into the Device Manager and then delete it, and although Windows will load it back up once you reboot, just let it install the drivers and just don't use it.

Worse comes to worst, you can always remove the modem from your computer, since you have cable Internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users