Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Extends Win 98 Support

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:58 PM

Widely-used OS will be supported until mid-2006, software giant says. Just days before it was to end support for Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft has decided to extend the life of the products until June 30, 2006. Joris Evers, IDG News Service Monday, January 12, 2004 The Redmond, Washington-based software vendor also extended support for Windows Millennium Edition, which was set to end December 31, 2004, until June 30, 2006, it says in a statement Monday. Microsoft was planning to end support for Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition on January 16. This means that telephone support would no longer be available and Microsoft would stop releasing security updates for the operating system products. Microsoft told users to upgrade to a newer operating system if they still wanted support.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:58 PM

Well im ready for XP on both my pcs anyways.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users