Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Shutdown Automatically

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luckyfou2006

luckyfou2006

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:00 AM

hi all, I am using 2.6 ghz p4 processor . I am facing a problem. The problem is that when i start the computer the computer remain start for some time and after that it gets shutdown. and when again i tried to start the computer the computer start and allow me to select the operation system i have two operating system when i select linux then there is no problem to shutdown but when i press windows xp it gets shut down automatically.
this probem gets solved when i remove the cabinat and press all the possible power supply cod's.
I am not understanding where is the problem. is there is a problem in RAM , POWER SUPPLY or the HARD DISK

REPLY ME ME ME

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:17 AM

Do you get a BSOD (blue screen of death)?
If so, post the exact error message, you get.
If not, try these settings, to see if you can force a BSOD:
Click Start.
Click Control Panel.
Click Performance and Maintenance.
Click System.
Click the Advanced tab.
In the Startup and Recovery box, click the Settings button.
In the System Failure box, uncheck Automatically restart.
Put a check in Write an event to the system log, and Send an administrative alert.
Click OK.
Reboot.

Are you able to start in Safe Mode?
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users