Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:58 AM
I was hoping someone could tell me how to fix this issue, thanks in advance.
I am running a machine:
AMD Athlon 3000+ 64 Bit Processor (1.8Ghz)
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
2 Gb Ram
Sata HDDs etc.
Windows XP SP2
My soundcard appears to "play up" when Windows starts.
I get the "Windows" start up noice, "der, dun dum"....but I can't make Winamp, or Windows Media Player, or VLC Media Player, Realtek Sound Manager or Windows Sounds to make a sound through the sound card.
Things I have tried so far:
- Checked the Volume Control for Sound Device, moved all to full volume
- Tried to plug into a different 3.5mm slot on the back of computer
- It can "auto detect" the sound device, and send the noise it sends to detect (slight electronic signal noise) but the "buzzing bee" 3D effect doesn't work
- Updated BIOS
- Updated Sound Card Drivers (Realtek)
- Full Virus Scan - Trend Micro IS 2006
- Hijack this Scan
- Spy Bot S & D scan
- Adaware scan
- Cool Web Search Shredder
- Vundo Fix
- Stinger Spy Ware
- Find It
Other Sound Devices
- Plugged in a USB Sound card - sound worked fine when device is set as output
- Plugged in a USB Headset - sound worked fine when device is set as output
I would appreciate any help you could provide me.