Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Will Not Go Away!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbal

Bobbal

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

hi there,
looking for advice on this Blue Screen of Death. I was reading a little about it but I have no idea how to help or solve the problem. Blue Screen saying "stop: with a bunch of numbers which of course I didnt write down" it mentioned some files in the "techincal information" section (which I didnt write down either shame on me) and something about memory dumps. I would appreciate any help and when it happens again Ill post the exact error message!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:59 PM

You need to post with the exact information displayed on the BSOD.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:32 AM

Also try to note what programs were running (especially if the crash happens when you first start a particular program), what you were doing at the time (browsing the internet, typing a document, etc.)

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:06 AM

Try disabling the automatically restart on system failure feature. Then you are able to read what messages appear on the blue screen and post that back here for some one to lol at.

Click Start Button

On the Start Menu click Control Panel

When the Control Panel window opens click on the System icon

The system properties window opens

Click the Advanced tab

In the Advanced tab window locate the Start and Recovery section and press the Settings button

When the settings window opens look for the System failure section

Remove the check mark from the Automatically Restart option

Click OK to Exit

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

These 2 links will tell you how to find the BSOD info:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491

They'll also tell you what information is necessary for us to start working on this.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Bobbal

Bobbal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

okay I noticed one thing about the BSOD ...it only happends after we close Utorrent. but we've had this program for a while and it has never caused us problems. but now ever time we close out of it a funny nose is sounded and this message appears on the BSOD:

""A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damange to your computer....

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error, restart computer. If this appears again to the following steps:
Check to make shure hardware and software is installed properly. Disable or removed newly installed harware. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. Safe mode...

Teachincal Information:
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00690072, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xEFE38326)
tcpip.sys - Address EFE38326 base @ EFE32000. Date Stamp 444775d3
Begining dump pf physcial memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system adminstrator or techincal support group for further assistance.""

I went to the event viewer to find the time of this stop messege...there was two of them at this time.

Th first description said : the following boot-start or system-start drver(s) failed to load:
SYMTDI

the second said : The TrackerCam Video Capture Driver 4.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I hope this helps in any way.
thanks

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:44 PM

Just guessing here, but from what you've provided, I'd uninstall your Norton and then install the latest version of it (if you don't have Norton - that's another issue). Then, I'd uninstall the software for your TrackerCam and then reinstall the latest version for it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Bobbal

Bobbal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:42 PM

we dont have norton..hmmm we tried using it once before but then took it off because it slowed down the computer and didnt work very well and I used some help in this forum which I thought got rid of all of it. I guess not! anyways another question...what trackercam? :thumbsup:

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:03 PM

Well, it seems that the Norton likely is still on your system. Try this Norton Removal Tool to remove it: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...005033108162039

Also, check out this link about trackercam: http://www.trackercam.com/ Anything familiar?

Edited by usasma, 09 February 2007 - 05:04 PM.

#10 Bobbal

Bobbal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

okay I tried the Norton removal tool, and I uninstalled my webcam (we didnt use it anyways so it should be gone!)- however I noticed now that Windows Media Player wont work ...it keeps saying "you must log off windows, log on again and start windows media player" ive logged off and restarted tons of times but still the same message. I even tried opening it from a music source but the same thing. so either its related or Ive got more problems (sigh)

#11 Bobbal

Bobbal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

ok more bad news...still have the BSOD ..this time with a different message saying

"0x0D1 (0x04DCE136, 0x02, 0x0, 0xEFDE2326)
tcpip.sys - address EFEDE2326 base at EFDDC000 Date Stamp: 444775d3

gosh I hope this helps

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:23 AM

Here's a link to the STOP 0xD1 error: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xd1

The tcpip.sys may give us a place to start looking - but it's not a definite cure.

This is generally a driver error - so it's important to figure out what happened to your system just before this error started popping up. That, most often, leads to a cure faster than other methods.

You can also run memtest and recreate your pagefile - but I'm falling asleep at the keyboard right now and just can't see straight, so I'll leave the exact directions to someone else. If there's nothing posted by tomorrow, I'll post the step for the memtest and pagefile then.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

G'Morning (no coffee yet - <grumble.gif>)

OK, to run MemTest, download the file from here and follow the instructions to burn a bootable CD and to run it. http://www.memtest86.com/

Let the test run for at least 2 or 3 passes (overnight is better). If you get errors you can stop the test.

If you get errors, try this:

1) If you've only got one stick of RAM - test it in each of the slots (this'll rule out bad slots elsewhere).

2) If you've got more than one stick, test each stick individually in one slot - this should help to determine which stick is bad. Then, take one of the good sticks and test it in each of the slots to help rule out bad slots. If you don't find any good slots, then test each stick in each slot to help rule out the bad slot and see if there are any good sticks).

Now, onto the pagefile reconstruction. Here's a guide on it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic71367.html#

#14 Bobbal

Bobbal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

ok okay, before I do any of this Im gonna make sure I get some of it lol. So I download the Memtest86 under the heading" ISO images suitable for creating a bootable Memtest86 CDROM" right then select either
Download - Memtest86 v3.2 ISO image (zip) or Download - Memtest86 v3.2 ISO image (gzip) ?
then I open the file which will take me to a burning program to burn it to a reg cd ? right? I think thats all I have so far. this is going to be a long process lol...oh boy! and once I have it burned I run it from the disk for a while and hope theres no errors? sound right so far? I just wanna make shure thats all! thanks a million tho

you might wanna get me some coffee too :thumbsup: lol

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:06 PM

You'll need a program that's capable of burning the ISO (that you downloaded) to a disk. Just copying it won't work - it has to be a program that'll burn an ISO image.

If you don't have one, this is a nice free app that doesn't require installation: http://www.silentnight2004.com/microburner.html When it's opened there is a option for ISO CD/DVD, and in the next window there's an icon that says "Burn ISO" (but make sure you select the source (the ISO that you downloaded) and the destination (the drive that you'll write to the CD in) before clicking on Burn)

The actual burn will take less time than it'll take to figure all of this out. :thumbsup:

Then slap it in the CD drive and boot from it - then sit back and watch....
You'll quickly get bored with watching it, so go get a drink or a nap and come back later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users