Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Vundo.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thumpin2

thumpin2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

Does anyone know how to get rid of trojan vundo.eo?
I have tried virtumundo and vundofix as well as a couple of others and none can fix it.
There is a file untods.dll in c:\windows\config. I cannot delete the file, it says it is being used by another
folder or program. I have tried deleting it in safe mode but no luck. I am using PC cillin anti virus. It
cannot delete the file either. I have tried just about everything i can think of including searching the net
for answers. Any ideas would be appreciated! Adam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:26 AM

Welcome to BC thumpin2 :thumbsup:

I suggest you follow the directions in this guide. Then create an HJT log, you will find the directions in the guide.

Create a new topic in this forum, not here and give it a good descriptive title. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it, and what worked and didn't work and paste in your HJT log.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 thumpin2

thumpin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hello, I cannot get rid of vundo trojan. The untods.dll file i cannot delete. I have tried vundofix.exe, virtumundo.exe, have tried avast scanning, pc-cillin cannot get rid of it, have tried spybot, mcafee stinger,
going into safe mode, trying trough command prompt, and nothing gets rid of it. It says another folder or person is using the file when i try to delete. Hopefully somebody out there can solve the problem.

#4 Kyle

Kyle

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:06 AM

Hi, thumpin2

Please follow this post How To Remove Winfixer / Virtumonde / Msevents / Trojan.vundo.b . If that fails, please follow the instructions below.

Please follow the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
Then post a HijackThis Log in this forum. In the forum, before pasting the HijackThis log in there, describe the problem you are having, what you have done to try and fix it, and then paste your HijackThis log in there.

After posting your HJT log, please don't change anything on your computer, deleting files, installing new things, etc. Please also be patient, as the HJT Team is very busy with the amount of logs at BC, also do not bump your topic as this will push you back in the line.

Warm regards,
Kyle

Edited by OldTimer, 03 February 2007 - 03:41 PM.

Regards,
Kyle

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:20 AM

Post 3 and 4 have been merged into this topic. The original author started a second topic with the same question. Djk answered the new post.
It is better to have the question in one topic rather than split between two.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:21 AM

How many accounts do you have on your computer. Try this :

Have you checked the folder's-/files Properties?
Right click the folder, and select Properties.
Make sure it's not set to Read-only.
If it is, uncheck it, click Apply, and click OK.
Now try to delete it.

If none of the above works, here are a couple of programs, you can try:

Eraser
Unlocker
Delete DEoctor

There's also this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article that might be helpful:
How To Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users