Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 janabommarito

janabommarito

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:50 PM

Hi. I am currently using a borrowed computer which runs on Windows 95. It was working fine until today. When I turn on the computer, it gives me an "Insert system disk in drive. Press any key when ready" message. I don't have any disks to the computer since it's not mine, and I don't know why I'm receiving this message. It will not boot up into Windows.

Can anyone help me and give me some advice on what I can do? It's imperative that I get it working. I have deadlines to meet.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:04 PM

Hum... sounds bad. I do remember it on the old dos computers saying this when a disk is in the floppy drive.

Does it have a disk in the floppy drive?

You arent supposed to leave disks in there during bootup cause your pc checks there when its starting up if you havent noticed.

Kinda weird.....

Hope this helps....

By the way welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 03 January 2005 - 07:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users