Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs Starting When I Log In

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Fayt

Fayt

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:18 AM

Problem 1: A few days ago, when I logged in, Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/Acess/basically all the Office applications, started up. I have no idea why this happened and it's starting to happen again now.

Problem 2: Whenever I try to go to User accounts Via Control Panel, I get this wierd error message:

''Microsoft ® HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close''
Basically, the windows error message. And after it appears, I still can't get into User Accounts.

Help on either would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:56 AM

Problem2: Error message when you try to open the User Accounts item in Control Panel on a Windows XP-based computer: "Microsoft HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close"

SYMPTOMS
When you try to open the User Accounts item in Control Panel on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, you receive an error message that resembles the following:

Microsoft HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 mshtml.dll, and then click OK two times.

I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 Fayt

Fayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

When I tried typing that, this appears ''mshtml.dll was loaded, but DllRegisterSever entry point was not found. This file cannot be registered''

Thanks for the help though, anybody have any other help on Problem 1 or 2?

Edited by Fayt, 02 February 2007 - 08:18 PM.

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:19 AM

Have you checked your startup folder . START RUN type MSCONFIG and go to startup. See whether there any reference towards these applications?

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

Hi Fayt.
If you have IE7 installed, the ''mshtml.dll" can no longer be registered via the run dialog box or command prompt. That is normal. The reg entry point, as the error states, is no longer there. Problem is, it needs to be eliminated as the cause of you're user account access problem. The only thing you can do is uninstall IE7, re-register the file again, then see if your user accounts are now accessable via control panel. If it works, you can re-install IE7 and should be ok. Kind of puts you between a rock and a hard place. There are other ways to access your accounts but I won't post them here for obvious reasons.

#6 Fayt

Fayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:50 PM

fozzie, how do I know what should be at the System Config, for a normal start up? Or is it just simple as Set it to Normal start up? Because it's on Selective Start Up now.

HitSquad, I did used to have IE7 just to see what it's like, but after I downloaded it, it didn't work, after I restarted I got some error message and can't remember what it is. And after checking, it's not on my computer anymore.

#7 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

fozzie, how do I know what should be at the System Config, for a normal start up? Or is it just simple as Set it to Normal start up? Because it's on Selective Start Up now.

HitSquad, I did used to have IE7 just to see what it's like, but after I downloaded it, it didn't work, after I restarted I got some error message and can't remember what it is. And after checking, it's not on my computer anymore.

Look for any of the Office's exe's if that is not the case we should continue the research

#8 Fayt

Fayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

Look for any of the Office's exe's if that is not the case we should continue the research

In the Start Up tab, I found all of the MS apllications ticked. Should I untick them?

#9 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

In the Start Up tab, I found all of the MS apllications ticked. Should I untick them?

Yes!! Reboot and see what happens now.

#10 Fayt

Fayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:52 PM

Awesome. It worked! Thanks a lot. ^_^

And meh, the other problem about the Log in is nothing really, it's just that I dont' want to log in anymore. >_>

Thanks again.

#11 Fayt

Fayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

.....and damnit. Now I can't find MS Word and a few others, in the MS Office folder.

But Excel and a few others are there.

V_V

HELP?

#12 Fayt

Fayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:54 PM

And damn, now Winamp doesn't work properly, just closes down whenever I open it, all players actually.

Damn, I hate whoever made this computer.

#13 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:32 AM

.....and damnit. Now I can't find MS Word and a few others, in the MS Office folder.

But Excel and a few others are there.

V_V

HELP?

Do you still have the Office CD handy? Try to do a repair install

And damn, now Winamp doesn't work properly, just closes down whenever I open it, all players actually.

Damn, I hate whoever made this computer.

:thumbsup: Can imagine. Let's first try to slve this other issue

#14 Fayt

Fayt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

Oh, it's normal now. Apparently, I have to just reboot it one more time for it be normal.

But onto the Winamp problem, it's not Winamp, it's when I try to play Music. Real Player works normal on Videos, but when I make it plays music, it just closes.

#15 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:48 AM

What type of files are you trying to play. Real Player has the tendency to hitch with other files than RM. Did you associated all your music files with Real Player?

Edited by fozzie, 06 February 2007 - 03:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users