Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network XP to 98SE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan77

Dan77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:43 PM

I have been trying to connect two PS's, One with XP home the other with Win98Se.
I don't need to share internet, I just want to be able to access files on the 98SE machine to transfer to the new XP machine with a crossover cable.

I have tried so many different ways now, I don't know which way is up. It Seems I can set up the network but neither computer can see the other.

I've tried Carey Holzmans instructions, still doesn't work. Now I can't even find my networks in Network placees in XP, they appear to be hidden.

Can someone get me back to square one and run me through the drill?

I'm running out of hair to pull out trying to get this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:32 AM

Hi,
I don't use XP, but doesn't it have one of those Network Setup Wizards that lets you make a disk that auto configures Win2K - Win95?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users