Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me Please! New System! :(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xDeFiAnCe

xDeFiAnCe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

Hi. I recently ordered a new case, because I thought my old case had a problem. The power would turn on, but it only gave my motherboard power for 2-3 seconds. So I ordered a new case.

With all the motherboards I've thrown in this case it does not start up. All 3 motherboards I used, use to work in my old case before I had the power issue I talked about above. I do not think the new case I ordered is defective because my friend ordered the same case and same problem.

Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811144026

Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16813131043

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but its really upsetting me :thumbsup: The f_panel is set up correct, and everything is..I just need to know why it doesent work.. It would be VERY VERY appreciated if you tech guru's could help me!

you can either post here

or

PLEASE HELP! :huh:

//Mod edit to remove email address to protect from spam bots.
Never post an email address or such in an open forum.

Edited by KoanYorel, 02 February 2007 - 01:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:17 PM

What power supply are you using? (Someone block out his email and aim name, spam bots will nab it soon =/ ) Sounds more like a power supply issue than a case or mobo issue.

Posted Image

#3 xDeFiAnCe

xDeFiAnCe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, thanks for the tiip i just changed my email..

The PS im using is the one thats in the new case I ordered.

Its 420 wats

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

Could it be something with your power supply? Even possibly your overloading it with too many peripherals? I would suggest trying another power supply if you can.

The only reason I can think of why a case would keep your computer from turning on would be maybe the button to turn it on sticks. If it doesn't, your case shouldn't be the problem. Hope this helps!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

I agree, if possible, unplug some unused things in you case (floppy drive, extra fans) and see if you can boot then. If not, I'd try to replace the power supply.

Posted Image

#6 Champ8484

Champ8484

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:45 PM

Yea i also believ it can be a power supply problem. Try getting a more powerful power supply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users