Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 charlie8753

charlie8753

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

[font=System][size=3]
G`day from Charlie8753.The problem I have is that I can`t start my computer.I have put a new hard drive in it already formatted and loaded with windows XP home edition which works in the computer i`m using now just fine.what happend is that I changed the bios to start from the hard drive which it won`t do.I have used emergency startup floppies but nothing will work.What can I do to get back into my bios so I can change it back.
Charlie8753

PS, I allready know i`m an idiot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

i recall reading that XP is finicky about having motherboards changed. so even if you load it onto a hard drive on one mobo and switch it to another mobo, there is a chance that XP won't recognize the new mobo when changed.

the BIOS is contained on the mobo, you should be able to access it from there. do you see any boot-up screen whatsoever? what model is the mobo?

salud
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#3 charlie8753

charlie8753
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

Thanks Salud I have access to my bios now.I kept starting the computer while holding down setup keys.Delete was the key that got me into the bios.Your right about the motherboards I now have a different problem.I`m going to try the emergency startup disk.If that fails I`ll try the 6 disk set.
Thanks a lot.
Charlie8753. :thumbsup:

#4 charlie8753

charlie8753
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:05 PM

Thanks Salud I have access to my bios now.I kept starting the computer while holding down setup keys.Delete was the key that got me into the bios.Your right about the motherboards I now have a different problem.I`m going to try the emergency startup disk.If that fails I`ll try the 6 disk set.
Thanks a lot.
Charlie8753. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users