Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Offline File Setup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 freakmebaby

freakmebaby

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

I currently have a network setup at home and having been trying to get the file synchronization feature to work (so that I can have the files available offline on my laptop and update the data when I connect with the home computer). My problem is in the inability to make the files/folders unavailable offline.

When in My Computer/Tools/Folder Options menu I don't have the Offline files tab. I have gone into the User Accounts and disabled the Fast User Switch feature (which should have resolved the problem) but I am still unable to get the Offline files tab.

Your help is very much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:19 AM

I believe the "Make Available Offline" option is only accessible from the computer that is expected to be offline on files that are stored remotely.

Additionally, the Offline Files feature isn't available in Windows XP Home, on Pro. Which version do you have?

#3 freakmebaby

freakmebaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

Thanks,

That fixed the problem.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,722 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:08 AM

What fixed the problem? Can you be more specific please? Also, is it XP Home you have or XP Pro?
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users