Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Bf1942

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kevin92

kevin92

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hey guys, I just bought BF1942, the on with all (expansion pack included) andiy still with no problems, and I can play single player easily. But when I try and play it online, whenever I double click on a server it gives me the message "error: wrong version do you want to update?" then it says yes or no, whichever one i click it just brings me abck to the server list. Ayone know what could be causing the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:59 AM

Here, go here

If it's anything like Battlefield 2, it should actually be quitting the game and bringing up the website.

But yea, you have to update the game to play online. Go to that website and search for the correct version you need to have (I don't own BF1942 so I don't know which one you need).

#3 kevin92

kevin92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:20 PM

Thanks, that solved that problem...but, here comes the next error, it says "Error cannot find map" and so now i'm gettin kind of mad at this game, what do you think?

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:51 PM

If you're all up to date on updates, it is probably a user created map that you have to download from a website and put it somewhere in your BF1942 file before you can play on it.

It could be one of two things. I'm not sure if the game had any expansions or anything that would include extra maps, or like I said, it's probably a user created map.

Have you tried different servers running different maps? I'm not sure if BF1942 has rankings like BF2 and BF2142 has. If it does, try playing in servers that are ranked because they can only run official maps.

#5 kevin92

kevin92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:24 PM

Okay so that seemed to have work, I now filter servers to "pure only" and that seems to have fixed it!

Thanks a lot for the help.

#6 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:30 PM

No problem, enjoy the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users