Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have A Couple Trojans I Need Help With Removing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 zerbert

zerbert

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:22 AM

Hello. I have a BIG problem, well it's a big problem for me,(if anyone knows where to go or what i should do to fix this please do tell) So Here I go....My McAfee has a pop up window warning me of my computer being infected with "New Malware.j Trojan and Generic downloader.f." It then asks what I would like to do...either continue what I was doing, delete, or quarantine the files. I've tried to delete them both but I receive another warning pop up window that tells me that neither the New malware.j or Generic downloader.f can be deleted nor can it be quarantined. Now it's separate warning windows for both the virus's. 1st one is always the New malware.j and after trying to delete and quarantine this file with no success I immediately receive another pop up warning window that states every thing mentioned in the last paragraph but it's for the Generic downloader.f. I have clicked the more info tab that is in these warning windows that have poped up and it tells me that my computer is at risk and I should scan it immediatly. I have scanned my PC and no threats were found. Yet every time I turn my PC on these warning windows from McAfee pop up and tell me the same thing as mentioned before. I have and have scanned with Registry Mechanic, and also with CCleaner, but with no success. Some programs such as my Nero Show Time has froze up on me. I press control,alt,and delete and am now receiving this message...."Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator." I am the owner (administrator) and disabling Task Manager is something I did not do nor do I know how to. I have and scanned my PC with HiJackThis and I will post the results in this thread. I am not a computer tech or brainiac, I do know somethings that I've done by trial and error. I have had virus's before and I was able to fix them through trial and error, but these two I just don't want to mess with without being told what I am to do so I dont mess up my PC indefinitely. Again if I over looked some thread with the EXACT same problem as me I apologize again. Just Please Help Me get Rid Of this newsence asap Please!!! Thank You Very Very Much!!!!

Here Is The HiJackThis Log........

Scan saved at 4:39:08 PM, on 1/31/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Client Tools Suite-Dial Up\PxUi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\testtestt.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Client Tools Suite-Dial Up\PxClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us9.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-us9.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = ftp=127.0.0.1:6198;http=127.0.0.1:6198
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = clinic.mcafee.com; bin.mcafee.com; download.mcafee.com;<local>;localhost
O1 - Hosts: 66.98.148.65 auto.search.msn.com
O1 - Hosts: 66.98.148.65 auto.search.msn.es
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: PrxcnBHO Class - {7D9E713D-0388-4384-BDD8-2A42EB1C4F04} - C:\Program Files\Client Tools Suite-Dial Up\PrxcnBrsrCtrl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: HP View - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpdtlk02.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoTKit] C:\hp\bin\AUTOTKIT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded /nodetect
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PxClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Client Tools Suite-Dial Up\PxUi.exe" /Automation
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snpstd] C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System] C:\WINDOWS\system32\testtestt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BackupNotify] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\backupnotify.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\nbj.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/sh...1/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...?1164601325718
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/sh...26/mcgdmgr.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: OPXPGina - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winsys2freg - C:\WINDOWS\
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Softex OmniPass Service (omniserv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

PS, I do not use Internet Explorer for anything at all. My browser is Fire Fox and I've used it for some time now. I don't know if this matters but I want to be as detailed in my description as possible to make it easier for who ever helps me with this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:36 AM

Hello zerbert, and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today.
You're using an outdated version of Java (latest one is Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6). Please update and remove the older versions. Do the following:
Go to Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. (J2SE Runtime Environment.... )
It should have this icon next to it: Posted Image
Select it and click Remove.
Then download and install the newest version from here:
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6

Please move HijackThis to a permanent folder. Anywhere is fine, other than your Desktop or a temporary folder. If it is in one of these locations, there is a risk that you may accidentally delete the backups; which may be needed if we fix something we're not meant to.
If you use Windows XP it may be that you just double clicked on the HijackThis.exe file, but this only extracts the file to a temporary folder. If you right click on it and select Extract, you can choose a folder to place it in.

How to make a permanent folder:
Click Start | My Computer | Local Disk (C: ) | Program Files.
In the menu bar at the top, go to File | New | Folder.
That will create a folder named "New Folder", which you can rename to "HijackThis". You have now created C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Now get your HijackThis.exe file and place it in your folder.

Please post me back a new HiajckThis log.
Thanks,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending me a Personal Message including a link to your thread.
This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users