Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Involuntary Favorites and desktop icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 merrilstevenson

merrilstevenson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:41 PM

I have recently had a bunch of links added to my Favorites (Internet Explorer). They also appear as Desktop icons. I can't get rid of either. They may have something to do with Fortune City.

Also, I cannot establish Yahoo.mail as my default home page. Keep getting Search the Web instead.

In addition, I have a toolbar on the Internet letterhead which I don't want but can't get rid of.

I have run SpyBot S&D and Adaware, current versions, and they didn't work on this problem. I use Norton Antivirus and keep it current. My system is XP Home.

I want to load Hijack This and run it but am petrified by this website's comments that it is only for computer professionals.

Any insights??

Many thanks

Bestest
Merril

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:53 PM

You are correct in that you should never handle a HJT Log on your own. We have an excellent HJT Team that will walk u through it. There are pinned topics at the top of the HJT Forum that will help u to get started. Here is the link:

Highjack This Forum

Edited by scarlett, 03 January 2005 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:07 PM

Yes please post a HJT log!

I have saw this with my own to eyes and am on the HJT trainee team....

Please post a log there so somebody can get you fixed up!

Welcome to BC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users