Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Faultng Application Ccupdate.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hbwizard

hbwizard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:23 AM

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 1/31/2007
Time: 8:35:17 PM

Description:
Faulting application ccupdate.exe, version 3.2.0.2, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00018fea.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 63 63 75 ure ccu
0018: 70 64 61 74 65 2e 65 78 pdate.ex
0020: 65 20 33 2e 32 2e 30 2e e 3.2.0.
0028: 32 20 69 6e 20 6e 74 64 2 in ntd
0030: 6c 6c 2e 64 6c 6c 20 35 ll.dll 5
0038: 2e 31 2e 32 36 30 30 2e .1.2600.
0040: 32 31 38 30 20 61 74 20 2180 at
0048: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
0050: 30 30 31 38 66 65 61 0d 0018fea.

any suggestions?

Edited by hbwizard, 01 February 2007 - 12:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:10 AM

What program is Ccupdate associated with? At what point do you get the error message? Is the computer experiencing any other problems?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 hbwizard

hbwizard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:46 AM

lapotop doesnt have any problems at all, I think it was sorta glich, since the same program that basically is responsible for searching new updates for various applications has started normally today. but u probably knows how xp can be unpredictable.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:52 AM

This file is associated with a virus ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/c...e.exe-3750.html )

I'd suggest a free online scan here: http://safety.live.com/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

If you check Virusburster's webpage

You will find removal instructions. Perform those after you have followed usasma's suggestions

1/ Stop the process ccUpdate.exe
2/ Delete the file ccUpdate.exe in the Windows system folder.
3/ Remove these Registry entries :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Norton update = ccUpdate.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices\Norton update = ccUpdate.exe
4/ Repair the HOSTS file by deleting any line like this :
127.0.0.1 anti-virus-company-domain-name.

Please keep in mind :

Attention this is a registry tweak!!!! Back up your registry PLease look at this guide How to back up your registry prior to doing so
If you feel uncomfortable doing so, look here below

1. If you check the Tips & tricks section you will find a post about the MVPS hostfile. Read that this also is a tool to keep you clean

2. If you are not comfortanle with the registry please do the following :

please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". You may have performed some of these steps already. About half way down are instructions for downloading HijackThis and creating a log.

When you have done that, post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log here.

After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

Refer to this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users