Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Powerpoint On Dvd, Need Chapters

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gandcsundvik

gandcsundvik

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

I have figured out how to take Powerpoint presentations, covert them to an MPEG, Shrink them, convert to an ISO, and then burn on a DVD with a DVD decrypter. I have tried all kinds of programs, but they don't work! The above steps are the only way I can get the PP to burn and play on a DVD.

THE PROBLEM. I would like to burn several PPP onto DVDs with chapters or a menu. I would love to put in a DVD and be able to select which PP to play and play it. Maybe impossible.

You guys always seem to know the answer. I have tried everthing. Ideas? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

You will need to convert each presentation to .avi, for example, then use any dvd authoring program to convert them to dvd. The same program may be able to create menus for you. Nero does, along with many other softwares out there. But the main thing is to get each presentation into a .avi format 1st.

After that, making the menus is really easy.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

Hi again gandcsundvik.
There is no need to go beyond the mpeg conversion step. You're overkilling it. :thumbsup: If you have them in mpeg format then all you need is the dvd authoring software. I use NeroVision myself but it would appear you do not have it.
The open source freeware program DVDStyler should suit your needs. There is a help forum on the site as well.

Edited by HitSquad, 01 February 2007 - 02:57 PM.

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

If you do use DVDStyler, just remember that you will need to burn the finished product with another burning tool, because DVDStyler supports the burning in only the Linux distribution of DVDStyler.

Other than that, you should be good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users