Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Live Cd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

I want to make a Linux live CD, but I can't figure out how to make one? How big of a CD-R will I need? Where can I get the software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

Use Google to search for a version of Linux that can be run from a CD, or search the Linux forums, here.
It's been discussed several times.
Just search for "live Linux"
Here's one topic that discusses the different versions of live Linux:
What Is Your Favorite Live Linux?

Once you find the distro you want to try, you'll need to burn an ISO image to CD.
Instructions for that can be found here:
How to write / burn an ISO or CD/DVD image

A standard CD will work.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:53 PM

. . . or, alternatively, if you want to actually create your own Linux Live CD, you can take a look here. There are a lot of other valuable sources if you just Google "Linux Live CD."

#4 madman6510

madman6510
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

Ok, thanks, I got Linux working! I'm using PCLinuxOS right now, is there anything a little more user friendly or better than that?

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

Just read through this forum.
There are several discussions on the different distros, and there ease of use.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users