Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Kind Of Mother Board Should I Buy?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 connorstovall42

connorstovall42

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

What kind do you recommend for me if i was going to buy a new MB. (looking for the best MB out right now or comming soon.) below 200 dollars and really steady and reliable.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:00 PM

Is this a replacement motherboard or one for a new pc? What kind of processor are you going to use on it? What kind of rig are you building? More information would be great.

Posted Image

#3 connorstovall42

connorstovall42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:27 AM

sorry i didnt seculate. the processor i have is socket 939. its a rebuild im trying to do, and i want to get sli with as many pci slots as you could possibly cram in there. the rig im trying to build is for gaming purposes, with dual monitors baby. oh i also have a mid size tower.

#4 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:45 AM

i have had great success with Newegg. here is a page with all of their 939, multiple PCI-E boards. it depends on what configuration of PCI slots you want, more PCI-E or PCI? i would suggest choosing one that supports AMD Athlon 64x2. the EVGA board looks solid, SLI support.
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#5 connorstovall42

connorstovall42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

hey thanx looks like a great board. good price too. alot less than the asus board i was looking at with the same or close to the same features. i was wonderin though the board i have connects the fans to it self for monitoring does this do the same thing or am i gonna have to connect them to the power cables them selfs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813188006

#6 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

sorry connor, i went to the nForce website, but i was unable to find that information. here is the link. :thumbsup:
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users