Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound For Me!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kathy721

Kathy721

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

I tried out the audible.com to download books. It suggested downloading Nero. I did, but I didn't like them. Didn't work for me as it would not play the downloaded books on my bluetooth. So, I uninstalled the programs. Since then I had no sound!
Zero sound. None, Nada! And some other odd ball things making the system slow. I called Audible and their support couldn't figure it out either after 90 minutes. So, I did a system restore to about 2 weeks back (as far as would allow) and still no sound. I've cleaned up everything and deleted unused software, run checks, etc.....But cannot get sound.
There is sound....just no longer coming from my pc! I can see it playing on Media AND I access my pc from my office w/ www.gotomypc.com and I can hear the things playing from my home pc while at my office. So, the sound is working in the background and just not making it to my ears! Has it morphed into my husband? LOL
Help please!
Kathy

Edited by Kathy721, 31 January 2007 - 04:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

First of all, what kind of speakers/headphones are you using? What sound card do you have? You said you can get sound on gotomypc. . .Sounds like a speaker failure then. Try hooking up some other speakers or headphones from anything to see if you have sound.

Posted Image

#3 Kathy721

Kathy721
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

I think I have haints in the house. The darned thing worked after I spent days trying to figure it out and contacting this group! I have no idea what happened. No one else has been using the computer. When I used to be a flight attendant we always said this sort of thing (as it pertained to quirks on the aircraft) was being done by the gremlins.
Thanks for the help!
Kathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users