Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Spoong Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 classykilla

classykilla

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

Ok this has been really been an issue. i belive the solution to this has something to do with the driver. I have a HP Pavillion xt345(really a Pavilion ze4000). i lledcan not get the video card to work on any games. its gives me a spoong error and tells me to check to see if direct x 9 is installed or or video driver might not be installed. well dx9 is installed i just don't know what video driver to use. i have tried installing ATI MOBILITY RADEON (Omega 3.8.291) [Display adapter] and still no luck. any ideas? here is the specs

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion Notebook PC HP Pavilion ze4000
System Serial Number: TW22604880
Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion NoteBook PC ze4000
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies Ltd. KD.M1.20 07/11/20022
Drives Memory Modules c,d
30.00 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
19.00 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Edited by classykilla, 31 January 2007 - 02:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:07 PM

Off the top of my head, I'd download direct x 9.0c again directly from microsoft and install it. I've recently learned that they actually do update it every now and again, but don't rename it every time. The last update was in December.

If that fails, then I'd download the ATI drivers for the card, uninstall the Omega drivers, restart, then install the latest ATI drivers that you just downloaded.

If that fails, then you might have to reinstall the drivers for the card.

Let us know how you make out! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Gannamede

Gannamede

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:17 PM

Run dxdiag from start/run and post it up. I have the exact same laptop but Im having a different issue, which I'll ask you about later since you have the same one.

driver version: 6.13.0010.6071
driver name: ati2dvag.dll

I actually used a ze5000 notebook restore diskset (due to a HD failure) and I didnt have the original restore disks. and dxdiag is reporting no problems. Post up your Dxdiag log and I'll compare it to mine. My question do you is... Is your wired network controller in working order? Im having some serious issues trying to find a driver (since the ze5000 diskset does not have the correct one) and original XP (yes original release xp) does not recognize my card.... If you could. could you post the driver specs on this onboard network card for me. Oh btw I got directx 9.0b installed as well. Could this also be a lack of video memory? Remember this laptop only has 32megs of video memory on board and since the bios is SO... locked up by HP changing this is not possible (if its shared memory) But I have no problems with my video card I'll do some searching see if I can find you a weblink for the drivers that Im using and see if that can help you just post up dxdiag in the meantime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users