Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Pavilion Laptop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 uuumhelp

uuumhelp

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:49 AM

my laptop won't download anything, won't upload anything, I can't load any virus software into it,there are major pop ups, i've run ad aware in safe mode, i've done system restores and still the same thing, can't find my discs to reboot, please help. thanks in advance. Mike

Edited by uuumhelp, 31 January 2007 - 07:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 momokabuto

momokabuto

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:17 AM

can u give me more detail about the problem u facing, what model you are using?? because i also using hp pavilion laptop-dv1336, no problem since i bought last year.

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:38 AM

Welcome to you both! :thumbsup:

There is definately someting going on! With what you have told us I'd personally I would try and use an online virus checker click here, if that doesen't help then I would disconnect from the internet (unplug your modem) and then carry out a full virus/adaware check.

Then come here and let us know how you got on.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 uuumhelp

uuumhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

it is the hp pavilion dv8000, the scans aren't working because it says that I don't have activex installed nor will it install it from the section where it says you can install it, I will try to disconnect the modem and run the ad aware in safe mode, and I will get back......thanks,Mike.

#5 holytoaster4

holytoaster4

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:00 PM

exactly, what goes wrong when not in safe mode tell everything
TOASTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 uuumhelp

uuumhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:12 PM

I get tons of spam, I cannot download anything, I cannot upload anything, I get windows messages about errors, it won't allow me to do much.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:06 AM

Sounds like you might have a major infection. You should post a HJT log in the HJT forum. Read Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log before posting.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:14 AM

Sounds like you might have a major infection. You should post a HJT log in the HJT forum. Read Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log before posting.

:thumbsup: couldn't agree with you more!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users