Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Configuration

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 david lamb

david lamb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:45 AM

Hello All,
I have a problem--Ei-System Laptop, working slooow, advised to save all necessary programs and wipe clean all others--that done - all ok..
I have a NETGEAR wireless sysyem for internet connection, the 2 discs load in ok, one for the router and one for the laptop,(laptop is not wireless), usb wireless stick used, this was working fine before, now though, when trying to configure the two, Windows sends a message-" Windows cannot configure because the ARP Cache is full"..
1) What is the ARP Cache.
2) How do I clear it.
Regards David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:41 AM

Hi David, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
See the two links below for what it is and how to manually clear it in XP.
According to the MS article, it should do it automatically, which would point to an ip address issue.

Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Cache Functions

How do I clear the ARP Cache in Win XP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users