Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing An Ip

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

How do i change my IP? i look at the thread in the tips and trick and it is still the same on GRC shields up. I have windows XP and a netgear router
thanks
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:36 AM

Why would you like to change your IP?

#3 B1nary

B1nary

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:05 AM

Hi Eddie.
Do you want to change the router or PC IP?
...there are 10 typres of people in the world..... those that understand binary... and those that dont!

#4 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

Both, because i changed my computer's IP using ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew but when i went to grc it is still the same
Posted Image

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:56 AM

grc is looking at your Gateway IP address. That is the IP address your ISP assigns you. It is generally dynamic for residential customers, and is no usualy changed by the customer.
You can unplug your modem and remove the backup battery (If there is one) for a few minutes. When you plug it back in you modem should pull a new IP address. It may be the same or it may be different. Itwill depend on how many customers are on your neighborhood and how many IP addresses are assign to you neighborhood.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users