Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 Browsers Why?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 want2no

want2no

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:15 PM

Ok not sure this is right place but here goes. In order for me to do what I need to on the internet I have to use three browsers not at the same time mind you but here are some examples. I belong to to a service that just recently upgraded I had to up grade my Java to use it, this was on IE7 worked fine before. Java says everything loaded right and was working no its not. Ended up using Firefox works fine here. Can only use my POGO games On Netscape Ver. 8.0. These are just a couple of examples.

I can't do all on one browser I have to use all three to be able to do all I need to do.

Have done everything I've been told by the different companys to fix this problem nothing seems to work.

I'm running XP Home SP2/ Older PC 1.77mh prossesor 512 mb pc100 ram 60G HD.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

Looking at the requirements for POGO, IE7 instructions are not included in the link below. You can rollback to IE6 by simply removing IE7 in Add/remove program.
http://www.pogo.com/misc/cc/archive/cc-2005-04.jsp?sls=2

A lot of users use Firefox and only use IE for updates and the rare site that only uses IE.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:50 PM

If you use Firefox alot, the IE Tab is a great extension to have for IE updates and the odd site that uses only IE.

For the fun of it;
If you use Firefox 2.0 try the Fusion Alternative 2 Theme.
From the comments, it looks alot like the Netscape browser.
There is also Fusion Alternative.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users