Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

For Gods Sakes Please Help! My Msi K8ngm2 Socket 939

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 connorstovall42

connorstovall42

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:15 PM

Ive had this mother board for about 6 months and the damn thing refuses to admit that the video card that i have (radeon x800 GTO) exists, the video card receives power but the boot screen doesnt show it on there. i have installed the drivers and the card is not broken for it works on my other pc. ive also installed the new drivers (so dont say that will fix it) ive tryed asking the tech support people who make the mother board and the guy i talked to must have never seen a real computer because after saying instal the drivers twice after i told him twice i had, he said that he had no idea and i should A) buy a new one or b get the damn thing replaced. the mother board has onboard video and ive disabled that but still nothing. im reaching my wits end and im about to throw the damn thing out the window and buy a new shinny mother board from people who know what their fing talking about. (you guys probly know the amont of frustration im in right now, its on a global scale) :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

I take it you are getting no signal to the monitor?

Does the monitor (what type of monitor is it?) power light flash, or does it go orange? Are you getting the message no signal?

What cable are you using? DVI-D / A / I or DVI-Analog converter? I would suggest (if you are able) trying to swap them around to see if it makes a difference, you would be surprised...stranger things have happened!

You said you have already disable on-board video in the BIOS (which it should do automatically anyway)....Have you updated the BIOS?

Let me know how you go...
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 connorstovall42

connorstovall42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:33 AM

yes i have both conections and it still refuses to work (the blue connection and the white connection) And to tell you the truth i have no idea how to update my BOIS. (by the way sorry it took me for ever to reply i had work till late and i didnt get on my computer till this morning.

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:36 AM

Instructions for updating the BIOS should be in the motherboard manual.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

Long, long ago in the mystical land of Central California, I installed a video card on my motherboard, and it didn't work. That is until I changed a jumper setting on the MB. Have you looked into that? (I've never heard of a MB requiring you to change BIOS settings and a jumper setting. Then again, I haven't looked too hard.)

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 31 January 2007 - 11:18 AM.

#6 connorstovall42

connorstovall42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

Thats what i was wondering i asked the customer service about that and they where all like....."send it in for warrenty maintnince it will only take 2-6 weeks! (meaning like 9.) someone told me before that it might be a jumper problem but never explained after that. could you help me?

#7 connorstovall42

connorstovall42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

could somone tell me please how to change my jumpers?

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:57 AM

Try this (from here)

If you are not interested in overclocking, the default settings will be fine with a few exceptions described below.

If you don't use the onboard video, select

Advanced Chipset Features > OnChip and PCIe VGA selection: [Disable Onchip VGA if have PCIe VGA]
because otherwise part of the physical memory will be locked for the onboard video whether you actually connect a display to it or not.

Select

Advanced Chipset Features > CPU to NB Frequency: [800 MHz] or [1000 MHz]

Advanced Chipset Features > NB to SB Frequency: [800 MHz] or [1000 MHz]
The performance of the onboard video will degrade significantly if these values are lower than 800 MHz. Note that [400 MHz] is the default value in some versions of BIOS.

If your memory is "performance" RAM, then you may need to raise DDR Voltage slightly for the system to run stably. Check the specifications of your memory. To change DDR voltage, go to

Cell menu > Voltage control > Adjust DDR Voltage (V)
and use the + or - key to increase or decrease the value.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 01 February 2007 - 12:57 AM.

#9 connorstovall42

connorstovall42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:37 AM

but wait im confused are you talking about editing the bios there? beacuse i've done just about every thing.

#10 connorstovall42

connorstovall42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:45 AM

but wait how does the boards secs and how to over clock help me? (sorry this just makes me really confused.)

#11 barimann

barimann

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:17 PM

Hey connorstovall42

I have the same problem with the board. There is an issue with the pci-e bus or somthing. The board runs great but wont work with a video card. Ive RMAd my board once they repaired it - and it worked with my 7600GT for about 3 months than failed yesterday. Ive got a new RMA number and a promise that they will replace the board this time. RMA sucks especially when you have to dig the motherboard out of the PC. My first experience with MSI RMA was quick, was about 3 weeks from the ups store to a box on my door.

Id be interested to see how widespread this issue is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users