Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xmm13g.dll Virus Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 antmez

antmez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

I Need serious help with this problem,

i keep getting a norton virus warning backdoor haxdoor and the file associated is system32/xmm13g.dll

my virus software says to delete this file but when i search for it its not there ,ive unhidden all files but still cant find it ,

please help.

ant

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 30 January 2007 - 03:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Hi antmez, first Welcone to bleepingcomputer ..
I do not use norton but am quite sure this will fix you up. Before you run these scans temporarily disable your Norton to avoid conflicts.
Install,update and scan with
Spybot-S&D , Tutorial: Using Spybot S&D
Then run Ad-Aware ,Tutorial: Using Ad-Aware
The above scans will have better results if run in Safe Mode
Next run this Online scan
Panda ActiveScan online virus scan

Please post back with results.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 antmez

antmez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

boopme :thumbsup: problem sorted , nice 2 know someone knows what there talking about , :flowers:

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

I don't want to be a PITA but :
IMPORTANT NOTE: Backdoor Trojans are very dangerous because they provide a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans as part of an exploit to to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge. If your computer was used for online banking or has credit card information on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for email, eBay and forums. You should consider all your passwords to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. Do not change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breech.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

Thank you and you're welcome antmez. Glad to hear it.
If you haven't done these already then:

Empty your Recycle Bin.
Next
Update your windows thru Windows Update

Next... To prevent accidentally Restoring your PC to a date when it was ill:
Create a new Restore Point:
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
Then when Restore opens, select Create a new restore point and click Next
Give the the restore point a name like New and clean >Click Create

Then delete old Restore points:
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup > Click Ok.
Click the more options tab > notice System Restore > click clean up >Reboot

Now install SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 .

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.

Edited by boopme, 03 February 2007 - 07:30 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users