Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Else Seeing Our Bleeping Differently?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

Oh dear, I'm unsure I have the tech words to describe this properly but when I arrived at our site this morning, all the lovely soft blue formating (lines between the different forums available at site, etc - plus between the actual threads and posts themselves) has disappeared.

What I'm looking at resembles something created in Microsoft Word, with bright blue fonts as 'headers'.

Re-booted several times and it's still looking the same - at least on my computer.

Is anyone else seeing our Bleeping differently too, I wonder?
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

Sorry, everything normal here

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

Marah - try clearing your Browser Cache. Then log back into the BC.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:29 PM

Mara,

Sounds to me like you have found the Lo-Fi version of Bleeping Computer pages.

Look for this text somehwere at the bottom of the page:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

Aah, I finally made it back!

Thanks so much for the great advise - cleared the old 'cache' and then double-checked to see if I'd inadvertently entered site via 'Lo-Fi' - and sure enough, my computer was doing just that. (Dod only knows why - gentle groan).

Having more than a few hiccups with my poor computer - have run everything I can think of but even 'System Restore' isn't helping much.

Off to find the appropriate section for computer woes here at our Bleeping - but thanks so much to both of you for all your help! It's wonderful to see the 'real' pages here once again - yipee!!

Kindest thoughts,
Mara
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users