Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Items In Right Click Menu In Firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 floyd

floyd

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:47 AM

When I go to a certain website and try to download a file the instructions say, to right click on download link and select “save target as…”

I have no problem doing this in IE7, but in Firefox that selection is not available in the right click menu. Any ideas how I can add it to the right click menu selections in Firefox?
Floyd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

Can you give an example of a site where this happens? I think the answer is that Firefox uses different wording, but I cannot remember what it is - so I need to duplicate the process to find out.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 floyd

floyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:50 PM

Sure Orange Blossom. It has video clips available for download and when you mouse over the link, it pops up an instruction to right click on it then select "Save target as". I notice though on any site when I right click on a link the "Save target as" option is not available in FF and is in IE. I was wondering if there is some way of editing the right click menu to add that option. It's not a terrible thing but I find it strange and am curious why and how to change it.
Try it yourself on any site or link see if you have the same result.
Floyd

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

In Firefox you Save Link As.

In Firefox,click Help,then click For Internet Explorer Users for more information on the differences between the browsers.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:10 PM

Well, using a link on this page, the Firefox menu says "save link as" which is the one you should choose. If it is a file, different wording is used and the wording will change depending on the kind of file.

When I right click on an image, the menu I get includes: 'save link as' and 'save image as' - provided that the site has not blocked saving the image. Some do.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users