Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Doctor Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:19 AM

Hey all,

I recently purchased spyware doctor(at an electronics outlet,not the internet) and its been quite great let me say! Awhile ago it was acting quite weird. Whenever i would play an online game(GunZ and WoW) it would always restart the computer, no BSOD, the screen would go black and then load up my computer like nothing happened. It'd even do it when i was browsing the internet sometimes. so i started closing it off when i did tese things. about 2 days ago i opened it ran a scan and it found 2 trojans(W32.Retro64 and another one i cant remember started with me but it wasnt a Vundo) and so i deleted. and ive been off my computer for awhile so i started it up this morning and it hasnt done anything so far but im scared it might shut again and i REALLY dont want to get rid of it. Does any one know whats causing this?

Thanks alot,
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:36 AM

My best guess is that you have an "uncivil war" going on between two programs. One malware and one Spyware Doctor. Time to "surge". Install Super Antispyware. Run in safe mode. Do an online scan with Bit Defender. Allow both to quarantine whatever they find. If you still have problems after, post a Hijack This log in the appropriate forum by following the directions in the link below.

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Today's malware has the ability to shutdown your security programs. Googling the malware you identified returns no results.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

i have super anti spyware :thumbsup: and i ran BD and it didnt pick anythin up. i removed the malware a bit ago, and according to information its a Miniclip virus =| it poses as a BHO. its not the software that shuts down its the computer, but it hasnt shut me down today, but im gona try some games later, and if it hits me ill let you know,
Thanks for your responses
Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users